You can blame my friend Ross for this one…I got the idea from one of his blog posts!
25 Random things about me.
1. I’m used to people getting my name wrong. Sharon, Shawna, Shane, Sheena…all things I have been called, but none are my name. I’ve even had people see the name before meeting me (profs, etc) and think I was a man! 🙂 No, I’m not going to tell you my name…
2. I’ve never seen the movie Deliverance. I constantly hear people referencing it in conversation (mostly when talking about freaky Southern redneck people or weird Christians), but I still haven’t seen the movie.
3. I once wrote a rap song for a guy. Seriously. I can still recite part of it from memory. And no, I can’t rap my way out of a plastic bag; that was intentional and part of the fun. 🙂
4. The guy I wrote the aforementioned rap song for is now my stepbrother. I guess it’s a good thing I never performed it and nothing really happened between us, huh? 🙂
5. I’m 32. I still get carded, though. 🙂
6. I have kind of a geek-crush on Seth MacFarlane. Stop laughing.
7. I have bipolar disorder. Looking back I think I had traces of it from the time I was eleven, but I did not get treatment for anything until I was 18, and that was for unipolar depression. I was diagnosed the first time with bipolar in 2000, but only began treatment after a second diagnosis in 2004. I will outline the (incredibly stupid) reason for this a little later.
8. I met my husband at a wedding, and the couple who got married also met at a wedding.
9. I once had purple hair. Seriously. Okay, it was burgundy. That’s still purple! 🙂
10. I have no kids, but five cats who think they are kids. Does that count?
11. I can remember stupid, random crap like a conversation I had with my brother when I was 14 or a rap song I wrote for a guy when I was 16, but I can’t remember someone’s name I met ten minutes earlier. I guess I’m getting old. 🙂
12. I can’t stand Star Wars. Well, maybe that’s too strong a statement…there’s just something about having something pushed on you that makes you want to push it back!
13. My oldest nephew’s first word was ‘butthead’. Seriously.
14. One of my cats has allergies. I didn’t even know cats could have that. But then, sometimes she acts like she is from another planet, and so this kind of weird stuff shouldn’t surprise me.
15. I hate beer.
16. Slater, get off the counter. Don’t give me any of that ‘meow’ stuff. Just do it!
17. My butt itches.
18. I’ve never been drunk. Yes, really. My sisters tried to get me drunk once when we were in Key West on a cruise, but it didn’t work. I drank them both under the table and then had to help *them* back to the boat! My dad still likes telling that story.
19. I didn’t originally get treatment for bipolar because I was dating a guy whose family believed that all you had to do to be healed from whatever illness you have by having enough faith and ‘believing right’ for it. I wouldn’t normally give this the time of day, but at that point I was ready to try anything. Short version, I tried it their way for a while and thought it worked, but it didn’t, and I got grief for going back on meds. How lovely (heavy sarcasm). Because of that, ‘name it, claim it’ and anything related gives a bad taste in my mouth. Anytime I hear that stuff, I want to throw something wet and squishy at whoever or whatever is saying it. I’m just lucky I haven’t gotten arrested yet. 🙂
20. I will get a song in my head and it will stay in my head until I hear something else to replace it. Right now I have the song from one of the ‘Free Credit Report.com’ commercials floating around. AAAARRGGH! Quick, somebody sing something else!
21. I feel like I used to be much sharper and more intelligent before all the bipolar stuff set on. I say ‘before the bipolar’ because I’ve looked back and seen that I wasn’t that way until then. I have a hard time paying attention and thus learning things, and so it makes me feel and look like a total idiot. I have gotten fired from more than one job because of this.
22. I once got bitten by a dog and hit by a car in the same month. Really. I still have the scars. The nurse who cleaned me up before going to the ER after being hit was the same one who had given me one of my rabies shots a few hours before! I wasn’t allowed to leave my dorm room for the next two days without ‘supervision’ as a result. 🙂
23. I used to be so shy I could barely talk to people. It’s funny how no one I meet now ever believes me when I say this.
24. I have an ex I wish I could forget. But then, don’t we all?
25. I hated Kill Bill, Vol. 1. I never saw Vol. 2.
Okay, that’s about enough of that. I’d better go get something to eat before I pass out. Later on!
Oh, and, brain bleach is available in the front lobby for anyone who needs it. 🙂